Saturday, May 16, 2015

BONES

Bone fractures occur.  I hate to say it, I am getting old, and I had a rib fracture.  It hurts to this day.  I pray for the wonderful people who fall down and injure themselves every night and day, and end up in the ED for medical care.  They are in horrid pain, I know.  I have had a fractured humerus, toe and rib.  Pain pills are not a long term answer..  I have long known a fractured rib hurts like Satan's breath.  Perhaps we can help the older people with a Sonogram of the bone.  X-Rays by Roentgen are great, but an ultrasound can be efficient.  Here is the article  TYVM  SonoWorld, andd SCIENCE 20


A study of portable ultrasound in detecting the presence of minor fractures in patients showed that 85% of patients with a fracture confirmed by X-ray had injuries detected through ultrasonography.

You'd still want a radiographer to rule out fractures but emergency clinicians could rule in fractures using ultrasound images, they conclude.

Ultrasound is a high pitched sound wave generated at a frequency of more than 20,000Hz in air, though the frequency changes depending on the density of the objects through which it passes.

THANKS Science20

No comments: