Sunday, March 8, 2015

NURSES ARE GODS

I am usually a very scientific, dry humor blogger.  I never show my humor in my posts, but being married to a nurse I will break my Draconian rules at least once.  As a sonographer, I deal with many people who are in pain, ill, or just looking for some opiates.  I have had my share of accidents on the examination table.  Sonographers deal with the ill patient like nurses, but on a limited basis.  We do not respond to the call bells, or deal with 12 hours of "I need my PAIN SHOT".

Sonographers are in awe of the God we call a Nurse.  Here is a post I hope you all share.

Do you remember what weekends are? Are you so immune to undesirable body fluids that you no longer have a gag reflex to suppress? Can you hold in a pee for hours, if your hectic job requires it? If you answered yes to all three questions – you’re probably a nurse.
Now, everyone thinks they know what a nurse is: the romanticised versions on Grey’s Anatomy probably help form the disastrously erroneous illusion they’re all sex-mad bimbos. Let’s be straight, though – if there was one thing the nurses in TV and movies wouldn’t be interested in (if they portrayed the profession realistically), it’d be sex.

Thanks to Nina Cresswell, and www.whatculture.com

 http://whatculture.com/offbeat/13-problems-only-nurses-will-understand.php


No comments: