Sunday, December 23, 2007

Working out the kinks


Greets Gentle readers,


It is Christmas weekend, and yes I am going to do as much work on this BLOG as possible while taking care of family and freinds. This is a Sonographers BLOG as titled so lets get right down to it. I am a Sonographer. What the heck is that?


I perform ultrasounds.
Let's define a Sonogram. Its a medical testing procedure that lets us evaluate your unborn baby (DUH) and a lot of other things too. I specialize in Cardiac scanning, Vascular imaging, Internal Med, and I perform OB-GYN procedures. I am board certified in all the above.
Who certifies me? Am I a Doctor?
No I am not a physician, I am certified throught the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers). www.ardms.org
So why should I care?
Simple, ARDMS Sonographers are the best of the best. They have demonstrated competance through intensive testing to know human anatomy, physiology, and pathology. The boards are a TUFF! I am glad I am through with them. I must continue my education by posting 30 category 1 CME's www.accme.org every three years. I will say that is a minimum number, and should be raised. The field of ultrasound is changing every day, and we Sonographers should be on top of every change by staying in touch with avenues of education.
Oh! Did I mention I am an educator?
Yes, I teach medical ultrasound. I teach in Houston Texas. Please come down for a visit
More about that in future posts.
For now, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Great New year in 2008.
Here are some links for fun! (All G-Rated for the family!)
www.surgeonsblog.com (Ooops Dr Schwab can get R Rated once in a while)
And the always funny.... www.Icanhascheeseburger.com (My cat was on there last week)
And here is one you will LOVE (Thanks Gerard)
Peace,
Gizz

No comments: