Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cairo MEDICON 2010

Folk's we made it to Egypt. We are at MEDICON 2010 preparing to deliver a lecture with hands-on teaching on critical care ultrasound. We are amazed at the sights and sounds of one of the most ancient places of humanity on earth. The cab rides are better than an amusement park ride, and perhaps more dangerous. The wonderful people of Egypt have welcomed us with open arms and we have established friendships in the course of conducting business. Our goal is to bring modern ultrasound to the middle east nations, and this is certainly a logical place to begin. Our hosts have been gracious, the food a splash of color on the western palate. I am certain we will be back. We intend to wrap things up this weekend with a trip to the most magnificent structures on the planet. I am certain I will be humbled when I journey to the great pyramids of Giza. My companions have expressed an interest in riding a camel. I will pass, though I may ride a horse from west to east at dawn in a tourist encounter many of you have experienced. Hey. I am always the seeker of enlightenment. We will then discover the art of purchasing goods from a "Souk". I must not return home without a few gifts. I will be back soon with more news regarding this thread. Shalom!
Gizz
Posted by Picasa

No comments: